AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
1. The Civil Services Officers’ Institute is a registered body and has been set up to provide welfare, recreational and entertainment activities/services to the officers of the All India Services and the Central Government and their families.
(i) All serving and retired officers of the grade of Deputy Secretary and above to the Government of India from All India Services i.e. IAS, IPS & Indian Forest Services.
(ii) Group ‘A’ officers of equivalent status serving under the Central Government.
GRANT OF MEMBERSHIP
3. Membership of the Institute will be granted to eligible officers in accordance with the priority as per the waiting list notified by CSOI. However, officers of the rank of Secretary to the Government of India and their equivalents in the Central Government and ex-officio members of the Governing Council and Executive Committee may be granted out-of-turn membership.
(a) Transfer of Membership:- On demise of a member, the Working Committee may, upon a request received from the member, transfer the membership in the name of the spouse of the deceased member, such membership will be valid till the spouse he/she remarries/death, whichever is earlier, and will not carry voting rights. If the spouse of the deceased member is independently eligible to be a member of CSOI, he/she will have voting rights as well.
(b) Tenure Membership:- Tenure membership can be granted to the officers of the All India Services / Group ‘A’ category of Central Services in the rank of Deputy Secretary and above to the Government of India working in Delhi on Central deputation under central staffing Scheme with a cap of 500. They will have to pay normal subscription but will not enjoy voting rights.
2. Application to be forwarded to General Manager, CSOI by the Officer seeking Tenure Membership with his present posting order for central deputation and a copy of latest pay slip and two recent passport size photographs.
Application will be forwarded by CSOI for Approval of the Working Committee.
4. On approval Letter for grant of Tenure Membership will be issued for necessary payments be made in the administrative section of CSOI.
Eligibility of Children as Dependant Members
4. A son or daughter of a member is treated as dependent member till he/she is married or attains the age of 21 years whichever is earlier.
5. All spouses and eligible dependent children between the age of 16 to 21 years will be issued spouse/ dependant card by the Institute. This card shall be produced, whenever requested by the Institute staff. Management reserves the right to refuse entry without production of spouse/dependant card.
Working Days and Timings
6. The Institute will remain open on all days of the week except Tuesday being a maintenance day.
7. There shall be a Working Committee to manage the day to day affairs of the Institute. The Working Committee shall exercise all powers as delegated by the Executive Committee. The composition of the Working Committee shall be as determined by the Executive Committee.
8. The Working Committee may constitute sub-committees for different activities. The sub-committees shall exercise powers and functions assigned to them by the Working Committee and submit a monthly report to the Working Committee on its activities.
8.1 Existing Sub-Committees:-
- Food & Beverage Sub-Committee
- Events & Amenities Sub-Committee
- Finance Sub-Committee
- Library Sub-Committee
- Sports Sub-Committee
- Building Maintenance Committee
9. The rates of annual subscription will be as decided by the Working Committee form time to time. The current rates of subscription are as under:-
(a) Members - Rs. 5000 + GST
Serving officers/retired members posted/residing in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Hindon, Ghaziabad and regions of the National Capital Territory and other members whose families reside in these locations even if the member is posted outside.
(b) Outstation Members - Rs. 2250 + GST
Serving/residing with family in areas other than Delhi and regions of National Capital territory.
(c) Entry Fee - At the time of grant of membership, members shall pay admission fee amounting to Rs. 30,000/-.
(d) Payment of Annual Subscription - Members shall pay their annual subscription before March 31 for the ensuing financial year commencing on April 1. In case of default of payment by March 31, every member shall be required to pay a late fee @ Rs. 50/- per month from April 01 to June 30 and @ Rs. 100/- per month from July 01 to September 30. If the subscription alongwith late fees are not received by September 30, the membership of the CSOI will automatically terminate. An appeal against the order of termination may be allowed to be preferred to the Executive Committee. In case of recurrences, membership shall not be revived except through a fresh application of members, which would be considered in its turn below the last waitlisted applicant. The Executive Committee may condone the default once. A terminated membership shall not be revived under any circumstances. Such persons may, however, apply for fresh membership as per rules/bye laws.
Termination of Membership
10. Membership may be terminated by the Working Committee for any of the following reasons:-
For violation of code of conduct as per rules, conviction for a crime by a court, being of unsound mind, declaration as an insolvent by a court, breach of rules/bye laws of the Institute or any act likely to adversely affect the reputation of the Institute.
11. Members are entitled to bring up to a maximum of 8 guests on all working days in CSOI, 4 guests are allowed on weekends i.e., Saturday and Sunday or a day prior to gazetted holiday.
12. Dependants are allowed to bring their guests during weekdays from 12 Noon to 6 P.M. only for Lunch / snacks. Bar is strictly prohibited.
13. A member bringing guests to the Institute shall ensure that particulars of the guests are entered in the Guest Register kept at the Reception Counter. Similarly, members will sign for the guests and the charges for guests shall be paid for Rs. 25/- (twenty five) per guest per visit.
14. Every guest shall be accompanied by the member/spouse/dependent member (card holder) as the case may be.
15. The members bringing guests to the Institute shall ensure that their guests observe the Rules and Regulations of CSOI and are properly dressed.
16. No liquor on corkage is permitted in the parties. The liquor will be provisioned only by the CSOI.
17. Members will ensure that proper decorum with regard to wearing dress in the Institute is always maintained. Shorts, sportswear and bathroom slippers will not be allowed except in the designated areas viz. Restaurant, Bar and Lounge Café.
Parking of Vehicles
18. Members will park cars/ scooters in the proper areas specified for the purpose. Members will obtain the car parking tokens from the security guards at the entrance gates at the time of entry to the Institute and surrender the same to them when taking their vehicles out of the Institute. No vehicles will be allowed to leave the Institute unless the car parking tokens are surrendered. Members losing their tokens will be liable to pay Rs. 10/- towards the cost thereof and permitted to take the vehicles only with the permission of the Manager on duty.
Members will ensure that CSOI car stickers are displayed prominently on the windscreens. Members or their guests are not allowed to park their vehicles over night without prior permission from the General Manager.
19. Members, their guests and dependants shall maintain a courteous behaviour towards the Institute staff. In the event of any grievance or complaint about the staff of the Institute, it can be brought to the notice of the Manager on duty on the same working day or entered in the suggestion/ complaint book.
20. If any damage is incurred to the property of Institute by member, or his family / guests full value will be charged for all breakages from Member. Further, any wilful damage/breakage shall also entail appropriate disciplinary action including termination of membership.
Suggestions and Complaints
21. Suggestions and complaints, if any, may be entered in the respective suggestions/complaints books kept for this purpose at the Reception.
22. The suggestions/complaints of members will be examined by the Working Committee/Sub-Committee concerned and disposed of accordingly. If a member feels that his suggestion/complaint has not been adequately redressed, he may refer the matter in writing to the General Manager directly.
Magazines and Newspapers
23. Magazines and newspapers shall not be taken away from magazine stand or mutilated by members, their guests and dependents. A penalty will be charged for any violation of this provision. A drop box will be kept at reception for dropping the books / magazine collected by the member from Library.
Articles of the Institute
24. Properties of the Institute such as furniture, cutlery, crockery, or other equipment shall not be issued to any member or to any organization outside Institute premises. However, the Institute may allow sale of mementos and souvenirs of the CSOI to members at the rates approved.
25. Dogs/pets shall not be allowed in any part of the Institute premises. For violation of this bye law, the owner of the dog/pet may be charged Rs. 100/- for each violation, in addition to disciplinary action as deemed fit.
26. Notices pertaining to the Institute activities and general information will be displayed on the Notice Board and the website of the Institute.
Payment of Bills
27. No payment shall be made to any person other than the Receptionist or the Accounts of the institute. Official receipt shall invariably be obtained for every payment made. All party bills will be cleared by the host member on conclusion of the party.
Use of Cell Phones within the Institute premises
28. Cell phones are not permitted to be used in the Bar, Restaurant, Cards Room, Billiards Room and Library, or any other designated areas.
No smoking Areas
29. CSOI is a ‘No Smoking’ zone and it is not permitted in the Institute except in the designated areas.
Partaking of Drinks/ Eatables
30. Members shall ensure that they partake drinks and eatables only in the designated areas. Drinks/ eatables are not allowed in the Institute lobby/ reception area.
31. Members are not allowed to carry drinks and glasses outside the main building.
Authority to Frame Rules for Individual Games
32. Sub-Committees in charge of various activities shall propose rules for the proper execution of their activities, which shall come into force only after approval by the Working Committee.
33. Any violation of the rules by the Members shall be construed as a misconduct.
34. The Accounts office of the CSOI shall keep a close watch on income and expenditure and place it before Working Committee for perusal & approval. The Annual Accounts shall be prepared and will be submitted for statuary audit to the Auditors appointed by the Executive Committee for Annual Audit and Report. Adequate checks and Internal Audit shall also be undertaken by institute as required.
CODE OF CONDUCT
35. All members are bound by a code of conduct and any violation may entail explanation from the member and, if found guilty, maylead to their suspension/expulsionfrom membership.
- Keep your address, email and telephone numbers updated for all communications.
- Members using facilities of Swimming Pool, Gym, Health Club, Squash Court, TT, Billiards and Card Room should be in possession of facility card. They must pay their facilitysubscription on time.
- Entry of guest(s) should be recorded by the member in the register kept at Reception.
- Be polite with the staff to maintain the decorum of CSOI.
- Wait for your turn in restaurants/bar during rush hour. You may sit in Lounge Café / Auditorium Lounge / Green lawn compound. Suggestion/complaint if any be written in the suggestion book at reception.
- Please adhere to the timings of facilities of CSOI.
- Kindly make timely payments for your annual subscription and renewal of monthly /quarterly subscription of Health Club, Swimming Pool, Squash Court, etc.
- Guest members staying in Guest Rooms will move out of room in formal attire.
- Make complete payment after conclusion of private parties.
- Consuming personal liquor inside CSOI and serving to guests is totally prohibited.
- Not more than four guests are allowed at a time to avail services ofRestaurants & Bar.
- Do not make entry of excess guests in the name of other members who are not present.
- Ensure that entry of guests is made in the register kept at Reception.
- Shorts and slippers are not allowed inside main building of CSOI except designated areas i.e. Health Club, Squash Court, Swimming Pool & TT. Entry to these facilities isfrom rear side and record of entry will be made at facility counter.
- Please avoid joining of tables in bar, lounge and restaurant to sit in large groups.
- Avoid using mobile phone and loud conversation in restaurants, lounges, barand library. Cell phone conversation can be attended outside the facility in verandah / lounge.